The Tinley Park Historical Society was established in 1974 to preserve the history of Tinley Park and the surrounding areas that have influenced its growth and development. Since 1976, the Society has been headquartered at the Old Zion Landmark, 6727 174th Street where it maintains a museum of local history and a local research library. The Prairie Gothic style Old Zion Landmark church was built in 1884 for the local Zion Lutheran congregation. The Historical Society complex also includes a reproduction of the Village's second schoolhouse. The original one room schoolhouse had been built in 1880 very near to the current location to replace a smaller schoolhouse and from 1892 to 1954 the building served as the community's Village Hall. The Landmark Chapel and the New Saenger Hall meeting room are available for weddings and other meetings and special events.